£19.99 – Indies only limited Yellow LP & DL Code
•Neon Indian returns with his third full-length album ‘VEGA INTL. Night School’ on Transgressive Records.
• The new record is Alan Palomo’s flawless bridge between the lo fi and spontaneous sounds of Neon Indian and the more dance-oriented approach of his earlier recording moniker, VEGA.
• Part of the album was created on a cruise ship with Alan and his brother Jorge. They set up a studio in one of the cabins and tracked songs between margaritas as the ship traversed the Bahamas from Florida. Palomo then returned to the mainland to finish the record doing tracking in Austin, Atlanta and New York – at DFA’s Plantain Studios. The result is more funk-centric and varied than his previous material.
• Alan teamed up with Alex Epton (XXXchange) to mix the album, using trashy B movies and New York flicks as a reference point for the album’s tone.
• Alan notes: “most of what I’ve learned about human nature in my twenties has happened after dark. People are just kind of more honest then. More deliberate. I like to call the places I go to Night Schools.”
To celebrate the marriage of his previous project’s aesthetic into one and his eureka regarding its themes, he dubbed this double album ‘VEGA INTL. Night School’.
• Yellow vinyl double LP includes digital download.